First attempt at card weaving

 As the inkle loom was empty I thought I'd try tablet weaving (after browsing a fair few websites and YouTube tutorials!) - I made a set of 12 cards and punched holes in the corners.

I decided to make the edge cards with 4 dark threads ("yarn and colours must have" in dark grey) and then 8 more cards with 2 dark threads and 2 light threads (a light minty green)

...and then I played!

stripes... 


diamonds... 

random... 

I think perhaps I will leave card-weaving for a while, I'll revisit it when i have had time time to find out more about different thread / cotton options etc through properly learning to Inkle weave - on my own loom, which will be hand made by a gentleman in Cornwall! 

I can't wait!

Sara ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship wraps available now!

Pre-christmas Tablet Weavng