Band Weaving

Well, looking at suggestions for how to make a strap for a mochila bag, opened up a whole world of oprions!

Crochet - done in rows in the mochila technique (carrying all of the colours as you go along each row, just like making the main bag) can make great patterns to match the designs in the body of the bag

Macrame - I really liked this option, I can manage that as well (I used to make them, see earlier blog posts!), it's basically like making a giant friendship bracelet, but it will take some time! Stumbled across an amazing website while investingating options https://friendship-bracelets.net/patterns/104117 - this is my own pattern... once you get to grips with the program, it's such good fun creating a pattern!



Ply Split braiding - don't really fancy trying my hand at this, but it looks cool - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53dzZ5WVRuU

Inkle loom weaving - this looks amazing. I'd love to give this a go, I can't really justify buying one just to give it a go, but a very kind lady who lives locally has offered to lend me hers to try! How lovely, I don't even know her, but I can't wait to be able to get this sorted :-) 

Card weaving / Tablet weaving...    
Backstrap Weaving...
Weaving with a rigid heddle...

These last three look awesome, and can be done at little to no cost - so I plan to play around with these options over the next few days / weeks (fitting in around work, kids, and finishing the mochila bag!)

Sara ¯\_(ツ)_/¯





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship wraps available now!

Pre-christmas Tablet Weavng