Mochila Bags

Over the last few weeks I have been very interested in making a mochila bag after seeing a bag created by Marion Verloop Mochila bags

So, after researching where to get the correct type of yarn (mercerised cotton 125m/50g), I ordered some "Yarn and Colors Must Have" - enough for Marion's beginner bag and also either the 2107-2018 CAL or the 2020 CAL... plus a couple of extras to get my free delivery! I ordered from Lindehobby.com as they had great prices and colours available

So I began the beginner bag (it's a mini bag) - It's not too difficult if you can crochet, but you have to use 2-2.5 mm hook to make tiny stitches, which is a little tough on the hands until you get more used to it. The base caused very little trouble (once I had switched from a 2.5 mm hook to a 2 mm hook



Switching to the sides was ok as well (the facebook page has links to fantastic instructions and videos and the group members are keen to share their advice).... 



I hought I was doing well until I took a closer look at the sides :-)
it's not obvious at first, but I must have started pulling the carried threads too much and the sides began to taper in (about the time I took this photo). I corrected my tension, and carried on anyway - I didn't want to undo my work, but rather to have a visible reminder of my improvent in tension during the process...



The bag is closed with a drwstring tie (kumihimo braid) and bags can have a woven band as a carrying strap...
...and that has taken me down the rabbit hole of band weaving, but I'll leave that for another day!

Sara ¯\_(ツ)_/¯




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship wraps available now!

Pre-christmas Tablet Weavng